Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Day 10: Travel While I Have The Free Time



 Ask someone what they would do with three months off, and I believe most people will answer, "Travel." It's the first thing that came to my mind. But, since I am not currently earning a paycheck, and haven't for the past two years, I don't have the funds to go traveling the world. Plus, I would miss my husband and dog too much -- and Shawn doesn't have the time to take off work and join me on my hypothetical travels. So, though I will be traveling this summer, it won't be to far off climes. I'll be sticking close to home, heading out to the Hamptons where we have a share house for the summer or visiting friends and family.

Today, I flew down to Florida where I'll be staying with Shawn's parents for the rest of the week. I'm taking advantage of my time off and my in-laws' hospitality and lovely home located on a golf course in the middle of a country club. In fact, this trip is checking many things off my to-do list; while I'm here I'll be working out, eating better, relaxing and learning how to golf, all while escaping NYC.

 Bring on the sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment