Thursday, June 26, 2014

Day 26: Dog Days

Ginger in the courtyard, enjoying some city grass (she's saving it for later)

I'm loving my time off this summer because I get to spend as many hours as I want with Ginger during the day. She's getting quite spoiled. She loves her time in the country in Westhampton or Stamford, and enjoys lounging in the courtyard in front of our apartment building off leash. If both Shawn and I are home, she has started refusing to go for a walk unless both of us go along with her. This is a particular problem because Shawn used to be able to walk her in the mornings before I would get out of bed and since Shawn works from home sometimes I want to just take her for a walk alone while he does work or takes conference calls.

But despite the bad habits that are forming, this is a precious time for me and my girl. Since I started school, I haven't gotten to spend too much time with her beyond my vacations, and most of the time we have spent together involved me on the couch with a computer on my lap and her sleeping/hiding under the couch. Playing and walking and hanging out outside is a much better use of my bonding time with my dog. I'm going to miss it when I go back to work full time in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment