Monday, June 2, 2014

Day 2: Practice A New Signature Look

I got married last August. In the months leading up to it, I was dying to change up my hair but I wanted to "look like me" at my wedding, so I held off. In January, I chopped off several inches of hair and got an ombre dye job -- slightly blond at the tips. It was a welcome change and I loved it!


Before: November 2013


After: January 2014
A few weeks ago, I had my ombre highlights updated and lightened even more to give my hair a blonde, summery look. The latest dye job dried out the ends of my hair more than it had the time before (I also didn't get a hair cut this time around because I want to grow my hair out a little more again). After some trial and error, I realized my new hair looked best when I did double duty with hot tools - either running a straightening iron or curling iron through it. I like the "beachy wave" look -- think the way everyone's hair looks on Grey's Anatomy -- but I could never accomplish it on my own.

I started reading up on tips and tricks for the best ways to make and keep curls. For my graduation I did my own hair and I thought it came out pretty good!



So one of my goals for the summer is to practice curling my hair and getting good enough at it that I can accomplish it in the morning before work or in a few quick minutes before I go out at night.

Today, I did my hair before meeting a friend for lunch. The curls didn't stay for very long (I have to work on that, too) but this is what it looked like when I was done:



Getting better!

Also: adding "Practice Taking Selfies" to my summer list. But down somewhere near the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment