Thursday, June 5, 2014

Day 5: Catch Up With Good Friends



I am so incredibly lucky to have the most amazing friends. And I mean amazing in that they continue to love me and want to hang out with me even though I have been busy and selfish and turned down invites to see them for the past two years. Amazing because they are smart and driven and successful. Amazing because I can spend hours catching up with them over drinks and mac and cheese and it can feel like only a few minutes passed -- and only a few days since we last spent time together.

Tonight I got the chance to catch up with the lovely Mel, one of my former roommates, and celebrate graduation, new jobs, new relationships and summer. And we ate the most delicious dessert: an ice cream sandwich flight (pictured above). Who cares that we had promised to eat healthy? All bets are off when you're catching up with an old friend.

Friends: take note. I want to see all your pretty, shiny faces in the weeks ahead. Make time for ice cream sandwiches (or something similarly yummy).

No comments:

Post a Comment